About ISU Alert
The ISU Alert system quickly notifies Iowa State University students, faculty and staff of potentially dangerous situations.
ISU Alert complements other forms of emergency notification, including warning sirens, public address announcements, the university homepage, personal communication and signage.
Iowa State University provides the ISU Alert service at no charge. Users who opt-in for text messages or calls to a cell phone may incur a fee, depending on their wireless provider.
ISU's Department of Public Safety initiates emergency notifications. Alert messages are sent from:
- Email: ISU Alerts (email@example.com)
- Text: 226787 or 67283
- Phone: 515-294-4111
- If the line is busy, ISU Alert will try two more times.
- If the call goes to voicemail, ISU Alert will leave a message.
- Note: Add these numbers to your contacts under "ISU Alert."
- You will typically receive at least two messages via each of the notification methods you have specified: an initial alert informing you of the emergency; and subsequent messages with more information, and/or an "all clear" indicating the incident has been resolved.
- Always check the Iowa State homepage for updates during an emergency.