About ISU Alert
The ISU Alert system will quickly alert Iowa State University students, faculty and staff of potentially dangerous situations. The system could be activated during severe weather, hazardous materials incidents, bomb threats or other immediate dangers.
How you'll get the message
Emergency alerts will be sent through these media:
- Telephone call (to cell or landline phone)
- Text message
After receiving an alert
- Check the Iowa State homepage for updates during an emergency
Update your phone numbers, e-mail
- Check your ISU Alert information to ensure it's accurate and includes the phone numbers and e-mail address that are most likely to find you in an emergency.
Check the FAQ
- Who'll have access to my phone number?
- How many messages will I get during an emergency?
- Can I opt out of emergency alerts?
- Check the ISU Alert FAQ for answers to these questions and more.